Employee Relations Specialist (6 month contract)Apply now
The HR Business Partner – Employee Relations and Projects will play a pivotal role in enhancing employee relations, managing projects, and providing strategic HR support to a number of diverse teams. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with managers and leaders to effectively manage employee relations matters and drive key HR initiatives.
- Investigate, address, and resolve a wide range of employee relations issues, such as conflicts, grievances, harassment complaints, and performance concerns.
- Provide guidance to management on disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, while ensuring adherence to company policies and legal requirements.
- Develop and implement initiatives to proactively improve employee relations and maintain a positive work environment.
- Lead and contribute to HR projects focused on process improvement, talent development, diversity and inclusion, and other strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project objectives, scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Utilize project management methodologies to ensure projects are executed efficiently and meet or exceed expectations.
Consultation and Support:
- Collaborate with departmental leaders to understand their teams’ needs and provide strategic HR advice.
- Act as a point of contact for employees and managers, offering expert advice on HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assist in coaching managers to effectively address employee-related challenges and maintain high-performing teams.
Policy Development and Compliance:
- Collaborate with the HR team to develop and update HR policies and procedures that align with legal requirements and industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, maintaining a strong understanding of changes that may impact employee relations practices.
Mediation and Conflict Resolution:
- Facilitate effective communication and conflict resolution between employees, teams, and management, promoting a harmonious work environment.
- Conduct formal investigations when necessary, ensuring fairness and consistency in approach.
- Assist in designing and implementing performance management processes, including feedback, goal-setting, and evaluation.
- Provide guidance to managers on performance improvement plans, ensuring consistent and fair treatment of employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- HR experience, with a focus on employee relations, conflict resolution, and project management.
- In-depth understanding of employment laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of effectively managing complex employee relations cases to resolution.
- Experience in managing HR projects from initiation to completion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically while executing tactically.