National Sales Director (Retail Multi-site)Apply now
- The Sales Director (with experienced commercial acumen), is responsible for building and executing thoughtful strategic and competitive strategies.
- The Sales Director is also responsible to deliver the sales strategy as set out in the Business Plan, to achieve stated revenue forecasts and profit margins – inspirational leadership.
- This role will develop and implement sales strategies to increase market share and organically grow revenue in line with sales forecast and profit objectives.
- This will require knowledge and experience developing and fostering relationships within the retail industry to be able to deliver on the business plan.
- The Sales Director will also formulate the strategy to drive new business retail development opportunities that will deliver ‘break through’ new business.
- To achieve this objective, the Sales Director will be tasked to build and develop a strong team of direct reports who will work with the Sales Director to achieve this new business growth area.
Required Experience and Considerations
- Optimise talent: Enable team performance by developing individual capabilities.
- Deliver exceptional customer service: Lead a team, function, or organisation to differentiate itself from competitors by building a climate of exceptional customer service.
- Lead geographically dispersed teams: Lead team members that are dispersed across multiple locations to function together as a team.
- Has excellent command of IT systems, business intelligence including Microsoft Office 365.
- Has knowledge of business and financial concepts, including key retail performance metrics sufficient to extract and interpret information to inform business decisions.
- Has a high degree of flexibility – this is a national role that requires frequent travel both around the island of Ireland and overseas to attend mandatory meetings and overnight time away from home.
- You will have a proven track record of extensive senior sales, commercial, key account management and business development expertise ideally gained in a dynamic B2C retail environment with experience gained developing strategic B2B partnerships (minimum 5 years senior management experience)
- Able to demonstrate experience gained in either the retail sales or FMCG sectors in a senior role incorporating sales and show a combination of sales and marketing, financial sales forecasting, and controls, supporting as well as challenging operational decisions
- Demonstrable strong commercial sales development experience and track record of supporting business growth on a national scale
- Ability to influence change and build/maintain strong leadership within the business
- An enthusiastic leader and strong team player, with the ability to operate and excel in a changing and rapidly growing environment focusing on employee strengths
- Experience developing retail sites